Monday, June 29, 2009

Ricotta and Pesto di Rucola Ravioli with Nut Brown Butter Sauce



While basil pesto and ricotta ravioli is a classic filling, this rocket pesto variation adds a peppery kick!

Ingredients: 100 g Pesto di Rucola; 100g Ricotta; 40 wonton wrappers(made with egg); 100 g butter; 1 large egg, beaten to blend; Parmesan to garnish; Rocket leaves to garnish

Method: Combine the pesto and the ricotta in a bowl. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place wonton wrappers on work surface. Using pastry brush, brush wrappers with beaten egg. Place ½ tblsp pesto and ricotta filling in center of each. Fold each wrapper diagonally over filling, forming triangle. Seal edges. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet. Let stand at room temperature while heating the butter to make a nut brown butter sauce.
Working in batches, cook ravioli in pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well. Add ravioli to pot with butter sauce; toss to coat. Transfer to plates, drizzling any sauce from pot over ravioli. Top with freshly grated Parmesan and scatter rocket leaves, serve immediately.

____________________________
More ravioli recipes?

3 comments:

Michele said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your ravioli! I always make traditional pesto and I've seen it made with arugula. I'm going to have to give it a try!

Divya Darshan said...

Omg meagan ur blog is amazing!! Love tht there r lotsa veggie recipes n ur desserts just look divine!
I’ve just started to cook n think I’m def gonna try ur recipes soon, so pls keep them coming!
Hugs

MEGalomaniac said...

@ Michele: Thanks for stopping by! I just adore ravioli, so am always experimenting!

@ Divya: Aww! Thanks alot! Def get your butt in the kitchen and let me know how it goes!