Sunday, June 22, 2008

Service Please - Greedy Goose

Having settled into Adelaide comfortably and with one semester out of the way I figured the time was right to get some work experience in the restaurant biz. Melbourne Street that is just off the corner street from where I live on Finnis Street is home to The Greedy Goose, winner of Discovery Channel, Travel & Living's show 'My Restaurant Rules' in 2005, which is still going strong.

I managed to impress Steven Firth the manager with my comfort talking about food and I guess my obvious passion for all things gastronomic helped as well. After a brief interview, handing in my resume and well a couple of sessions going over the menu in detail and lots and lots of breifing of what my job in the service industry would entail... the next few weeks I was a wreck - my confidence levels took a beating, I was unsure of myself, constantly doubting whether I could pull of serving a table and not messing things up! After a month now, I send people off with smiles across their faces, thanking me for a wonderful evening! Yippeee.....


John Hall the Chef at the Goose is simply marvellous - here are two of his entrees above the Southern Blue Fin Tuna Ravioli Provencale, Semi Dried Capers and Tapenade with White Balsamic Dressing. Below is the signature dish also an entree: The Vincisgrassi Maceratesi - Cepe, Proscuitto Lasagne with Truffle Oil.


The Assiette of Rabbit: Roast Crown, Poached Loin, and Roquefort Ravioli with Polenta and Miso Sauce. I will let this picture do the talking.....

For something sweet the Lemon Pannacotta is to die for...

And this is me after a long night, hanging up my uniform and my white glove - it is silver service after all!


No comments: